Thursday, February 16, 2012

Spring Training is Almost Here

For the last 10 years,  the mid point of February has marked the time that our group divides our Red Sox weekend season tickets.   Another year of cramped seats, no cupholder,  and great conversation.   It also reminds me of the long list of amazing games I have attended over the last 40 years.   Before our move to New England and my introduction to Fenway,  I spent many a summer day at the friendly confines of Wrigley Field.   The sad news of Gary Carter's passing has me thinking about that wonderful time in the mid 80's that was a golden era.   Harry Caray belting out an off key rendition of Take Me Out to the Ballgame, the crushing disappointment of 1984, the beginning of night baseball, and the power house Mets.   RIP Gary and thanks for your part in my baseball journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment